Inside bowl, put chicken thighs, garlic, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, whole black pepper and seasalt. Mix thoroughly by hand.
Place this mix inside roast pan, add olive oil and sunflower oil. Mix again.
Cover roast pan and place inside oven for 4 hours.
Remove chickens to a seperate bake pan. Pour its jus over chicken, and roast for 5 more minutes, without cover.
Keep warm for service.
Apricot & Prune Rice Pilaf
1. Put cold water inside bowl, then add rice. Mix by hand, and let rest for 1 hour.
2. Wash the rice thoroughly, then strain the water
3. On saucepan, bring chicken stock to boil.
4. Inside soup pot, melt butter then add rice. Sauté rice in medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Add salt.
5. Add the boiling chicken stock into rice. Mix by spoon.
6. Turn down heat to low. Cover the top. Cook for 10 minutes (until juices are absorbed by rice)
7. Add Chef Ready® Semi Dried Prune and Chef Ready® Semi Dried Apricot
8. Turn off the heat, and leaving rice to rest with lid closed.
1. Inside saucepan, add butter. Turn on medium heat. When butter is hot enough to sauté, add onions. Sauté until onions are lightly caramalized.
2. Add flour, and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, and freshly squeezed orange, mandarin and lemon juices.
4. Turn down the heat to low, and boil for 10 minutes.
5. Add cream and salt.
6. Seperate sauce from solids using sieve.
Bringing All Together
1. Mix apricot & prune rice pilaf using a spoon.
2. Put some on service plate.
3. Place chicked confit next to rice.
4. Pour citrus sauce and service.
Lightly sauté Chef Ready® Semi Dried Cherry Tomato and finely sliced parsley. Serve on top of chicken confit and pilaf.